Today we will tell you what you need to pay attention to when choosing a master colorist. What are the criteria to rely on?
First of all, almost all advanced masters now have social networks. From there, you should start your search. All is very simple – you need to enter in the search box interest in the service and the city – hair coloring. And the search will turn up thousands of fantastic artists. Inspired and look!
But how do you choose a good master of many such proposals?
(1) The portfolio is the first thing we pay attention to when choosing a master colorist. In other words, pictures. Before/after, the process, the result. All masters have their handwriting and profile—for example, some work only with blonde, others with colored colors, etc. We advise you to choose a narrowly focused master. It is a guarantee that the master knows the subject deeply because he only dedicates all his time to one direction and does not grasp everything at once.
(2) Experienced master colorists always have a “folder of reviews.” The more of them, the better. You can also do a little snooping, look at the master’s client pages, and see how the coloring/cut looks in real life, with or without filters.
(3) An experienced master will be sure to ask you about any past manipulation of your hair. After all (oh, magic!), your hair’s “past” affects its “future.” And, if necessary, I will do a test strand on your hair to look at its quality and color. The master is silent and doesn’t ask anything. Then it is better to look for another one.
(4) A professional master should not only answer your every question but also make it as straightforward as possible. This way, there is a connection between the master and the client. Don’t forget: comfortable communication is essential for a good job and an excellent result!
(5) Take a look at certificates and diplomas of training. A good master colorist never stops learning. The profession of a hairdresser always implies constant development. Every year there are new coloring techniques, haircuts, grooming, new brands of hair cosmetics, etc. It is impossible to stop in such a direction as hairdressing! A hairdresser should improve his skills at least twice a year.
How Do I Keep My Cool Shade After Coloring?
Care products that restore cold pigments. For example, you can use Purple Blond Me Shampoo from Schwarzkopf. It’s ideal for light, cool shades. If that isn’t enough for you, use Color Freeze Shampoo. This product has a vibrant purple color and is great for blondes and brunettes. If you keep it on your hair for 5-10 minutes, you can get a toning effect. But remember that it is a superficial shade, so after each wash with another shampoo, it will wash off.
Additionally, you can use a spray conditioner from the Blond Me series. With each application, it restores the washable pigments. Once or twice a week, do a mask for more fabulous shades (also available in the Blond Me series). It has a light purple tint.
Shampoos in this category of products are less persistent, as they stay on the hair for a minimum amount of time and rinse out faster. Conditioners and masks help to lighten the pigment in the cuticle layer. Mousses are the most pigment-rich preparations that penetrate deeply. They have an immediate impact.
But the main advice: to make your hair shiny, visit a beauty salon regularly. Only a professional will achieve the perfect and expensive shade. You don’t have to be your hairdresser.
How to Bleach Your Hair: Tips and Mistakes
In order to determine which tone is right for you, it is best to contact a professional stylist.
The best way to determine which tone is right for you is to contact a professional hair stylist. Bleaching is a complicated process that requires professional skills. If you decide to make your hair lighter, consider the nuances and consequences of the procedure.
(1) Choose the right tone.
“Your color type is determined by your eye, skin, and hair tones. The right combinations can create an overall harmony of appearance. To determine which tone is right for you, it is best to contact a professional stylist who will evaluate your current hair and skin shade and can select a level of tone that will blend seamlessly with your image.”
(2) Do a strand test
Specialists perform this procedure on a mandatory basis to determine the effect of the products on your hair. It’s essential to test on a small strand if your hair has already been colored with other chemical and herbal products.
(3) After lightening and toning, the strands should be thoroughly rinsed, and protective products should be applied to them. For better fixation of the pigment in the hair structure, masters do not recommend repeating the washing procedure in the next 24 hours after bleaching.
(4) Do not forget about the care and protection of colored hair
Over time, the color will be washed out, and the strands will take on a straw-yellow hue. To avoid this, take care of your hair with professional products with purple pigment and renew the coloring as needed.
Care for Bleached Hair
Bleached hair requires intensive care, no matter how well the procedure was performed. Your best bet is to talk to a colorist who knows the subtleties of how chemical cocktails affect the hair structure and will select the most appropriate bleaching and coloring product. Bleached hair needs intensive care, no matter how well the procedure is done.
(1) Use a heat protectant
The loss of moisture and porosity can make strands brittle more quickly. Before styling bleached hair, apply serums and sprays that coat the hair shaft, protecting it from high temperatures.
(2) Select the appropriate shampoo for your hair
“Bleached strands need constant gentle Home care. Otherwise, they will be dry and lifeless—sufficient minimum – shampoo, care, and mask to restore and nourish colored hair. Formulations of quality cosmetics allow you to maintain a healthy shine and nourish the bleached strands. Consider installing complex tap water filters if blonde strands develop an unwanted yellow tint. Products with a chelating effect are helpful. They neutralize the salts of metals and minerals that affect the shade. Proper care will allow you to maintain your color for a long time after bleaching.
(3) Apply moisturizer
After shampooing, use a suitable conditioner. Care products are trendy: creams, serums, and hair oils.
(4) Protect your hair from the sun
Dyed and bleached hair is more susceptible to the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation. To minimize the damage, you should wear hats and use cosmetics with SPF filters. They are essential during the summer season if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
(5) Take care of the ends of your strands
The beauty of long hair is offset by dryness and sectioning. After bleaching, they are more susceptible to destruction, so renewing the haircut in time is essential. If you want to maintain the length, use oils for the ends, which glue and remove the scales on the hair shaft.