Koreans have a reputation for having some of the most stylish hairstyles in the world. From sleek bob cuts and hipster buns to wavy hair extensions and intricate braiding techniques, there’s a lot of variety in Korean hairstyles. So if you’re looking for a change, here are some popular Korean hairstyles that can give you a look you’re going for.
The History of Korean Hairstyles
Korean hairstyles are often different from those in other parts of the world. Some of these unique hairstyles were popularized by celebrities and are now worn by many people worldwide.
Types of Korean Hairstyle
There are many different types of Korean hairstyles out there for women to choose from. No matter your hair type, there’s likely a style that will work well for you. Here’s a look at some of the most popular Korean hairstyles.
Bun Queen: This style is perfect for women who don’t want their hair to look too heavy or stiff. It’s made up of several small braids arranged in a circle around the head. You can create the bun queen look with any hair, but it’s usually best to use medium-length hair that is bouncy and thick.
Wavy Hair: Wavy hair is becoming more and more popular in Korea, and for a good reason. This hairstyle features long, curly hair styled into waves or curls. If you have curly or unruly hair, try this style out. Ensure you get it trimmed regularly so it doesn’t become too wild.
How to Do a Korean Braided Bun
Korean braided buns are a popular hairstyle that can give you a chic and modern look. The bun is made by separating your hair into small sections and then braiding them together. To create the shape of the bun, you will need to start at the back of your head and work your way forward.
How to Do a Korean Knot Bun
Korean Knot Bun Hairstyles from Korea can give you the look of a sophisticated and glamorous woman. This hairstyle is perfect for those who want to try something new and different. It is also an effortless hairstyle to do.
Gather your hair into a high knot on top of your head to get started. Make sure the knot is big enough to cover most of your hair. Now take some small sections of hair and wrap them around the knot, ensuring they are tight against each other. Make sure to hold on to the ends of the hair you wrapped around the knot to keep it in place.
Let’s finish this by taking some hair extensions and wrapping them around the knot.
How to Do a Half Up Bun
If you’re looking for an edgy and on-trend hairstyle, try a half-up, half-down bun. This style is perfect for those with medium to long hair who want to add height and texture to their look. To get started, first divide your hair into two sections. Take the left section and pull it up into a high bun on top of your head. Then take the right team and do the same, but let it fall halfway down your back. Finally, tuck the ends of both sections underneath the bun. You’re done!
How to Do a Wavy Hairdo
If you’re looking for a new hairstyle, consider a wavy style. Korean women have been rocking this look for years, which is straightforward. Here are three tips on how to get the look:
1. Start by washing your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning treatment. This will help remove any build-up or residue from styling products and give your hair a healthy shine.
2. Use a flexible hairbrush to brush your hair back from your face gently. Take care not to brush too tightly—you want the waves to look natural.
3. Blow dry your hair using a relaxed air flow setting. It will help set the waves and make them last throughout the day.
How to Do a French Braid
Try a French braid if you’re looking for an easy and stylish hairstyle. It requires minimal hair styling tools and can be done in minutes. Here are four tips to help you get the perfect French braid:
1. Start by creating a primary loop using half of your hair. Wrap the loop around your index finger and pull through the middle. Do the same thing with the other half of your hair.
2. Cross the two braids in the front to intersect in the middle. Now take each end and cross them over again, tucking them behind your ear.
3. Take the left braid and cross it over the right one, tucking it underneath. Do the same thing with the other side.
4. Take the two crossed ends and tie them together in a knot, ensuring it’s tight against your head. Trim any excess hair if needed.
A French braid is a beautiful hairstyle that can be done in various ways. Whether you’re looking for a casual style or something more formal, these Korean hairstyles will give you a look you want.
1. Start dividing your hair into two sections, with the front section slightly wider than the back section.
2. Once, take the front section and loop it around the back section. Make sure to cross the ends over each other, so they are tight against each other.
3. Bring the ends up and tuck them behind your ears. Now repeat Steps Two and Three on the other side of your head.
4. Use a hair tie to secure everything in place, and let your hair down! You’re done!
5. Take hold of both ends of the cross at the back of your head and pull tight, making a small “X” shape.
6. Finally, put your hair in a high bun or ponytail to finish the look.
How to Make a Side Bang
Looking for a hairstyle that will add some sass to your look? Check out a side bang! This style is perfect for those who want a bit of edge in their look, and it’s easy to achieve. Here are five tips on how to make a side bang:
1. Cut your hair short on the sides, leaving a few inches long on top. This will give you the desired shape for the side bang.
2. Start spraying your hair with dry shampoo to create texture and volume. Next, use a curling iron or wand to curl all hair around your head’s sides. Make sure not to go too high, or you will end up with crimped hair.
3. Apply a light coating of styling cream to dampen your hair and style as desired. For added volume, sweep some product through your hair using a round brush before letting it air dry.
4. Once your hair is dehydrated, apply a small amount of hairspray to hold the style in place. If you want an extra glamourous look, blow-dry your bangs slightly towards the front of your head.