Dry hair is a problem that many people face. The causes of dry hair include genetics, weather, harsh shampoos, and over-processing from heat styling or coloring. If you want to maintain healthy, moisturized hair, it is essential to take steps to prevent dryness and moisturize your hair when it becomes dry.
What is Dry Hair?
Dry hair is a condition of the hair that results from a lack of moisture. The causes of dry hair can be due to several factors, such as weather, styling, and products.
Dry hair can be prevented by keeping the scalp and hair hydrated. This can be done by drinking plenty of water, using a humidifier, and avoiding hot showers. It is also essential to use products that are designed for dry hair. These products can help seal moisture and prevent the hair from becoming brittle and breaking.
There are also several ways to moisturize dry hair. This can be done by using a deep conditioner, applying a leave-in conditioner, or using an oil treatment. Deep conditioning treatments can help replenish the hair’s moisture, while leave-in conditioners can help protect the hair from further damage. Oil treatments can also help to add water to the hair and make it softer and more manageable.
5 Ways To Get Glossy Hair
- Brush before washing hair
- Shampoo should be whipped well by hand before use
- Moisturize with conditioner, hair oil treatment
- Dryer finish with warm air → cold air.
- Do not overheat hair with an ironing iron.
(1) Brush before washing hair
If you wash your hair with it entwined, friction will occur. By untangling with brushing, you can reduce friction during shampooing. If there are entanglements on the hair’s ends, brush them to loosen them. Then comb the entire hair well. Brushing raises sebum stains on the scalp, so it also has the advantage of being able to remove stains efficiently.
(2) Use shampoo after whipping it well by hand.
If you put shampoo on your head and then whisk it, your hair will rub. You can avoid rubbing by lathering the shampoo well and applying it to your hair.
STEP 1:- Pre-wash
- First, shower your hair and scalp to pre-wash it to remove dirt from your scalp.
- Use the pad of your finger to massage from the bottom to the top of your head.
- If you take the time to pre-wash it, you can remove the dirt without shampoo.
STEP 2:- Wash with a well-foamed shampoo
- After pre-washing, take the shampoo in one push and whisk well with the palm of your hand.
- Place the lathered shampoo on your hair and use the pad of your finger to apply it to your scalp gently.
- The important thing here is to wash your scalp, not your hair.
- Unless you have a lot of hair styling products, you don’t need to scrub your hair without anything.
STEP 3:- Rinse the scalp with a shower
Rinse your scalp thoroughly with a lathered shampoo, and then wash it off with a shower. Rinse thoroughly until your scalp and hair are no longer slimy and feel crisp.
(3) Moisturize with hair oil treatment
Moisturizes and nourishes the inside of the hair to prevent it from escaping. If you apply too much or too little hair oil or therapy, it may damage your hair. Follow the instructions and usage instructions on the product.
(4) Dryer with warm air → finish with cold air
Let’s switch the dryer from “warm air” to “cold air.” Finishing with cold air closes the open cuticle, making it easier for moisture to stay in the hair.
The procedure to dry the hair after washing is as follows.
STEP 1:- Towel dry
- First, remove the water on the hair surface with a towel dry. At this time, do not rub your hair. Gently pinch your hair with a towel to absorb the moisture.
- Towels for dry towels are on sale, so if you use them, you will be able to
- Absorb more water.
- If you dry the towel thoroughly, you can shorten the time for the dryer after that, which will prevent hair damage caused by heat.
STEP 2:- Care with treatment
After towel-drying, nourish your hair with treatment. Later, when you use a hair dryer or iron, your hair will not dry quickly.
STEP 3:- Dry with a hairdryer
- First, dry the roots of the hair near the scalp with a hair dryer. Follow the flow of hair and blow the wind from above to dry it.
- Keep the dryer about 10 to 15 cm away and use a strong wind of about 70 ° C. If you apply a stronger wind than this, your hair will be easily damaged.
- Also, be careful not to apply the dryer to the same place for a long time as it will lead to damage.
- When your hair is dry to some extent, apply cold air to prepare it.
(5) Do not overheat your hair with an iron or iron
Prolonged heat with an iron or iron will break the cuticle and dry your hair. Finish irons and irons at high temperatures within a short period. If used at low temperatures, the hair will not hurt, but the curl and keeping power will be inferior. Even if you use it at a high temperature, you can minimize the damage by not hitting the exact part for more than 5 seconds.
Natural Remedies for Dry Hair
There are several natural remedies you can use to moisturize dry hair. One of the most effective is coconut oil. Coconut oil helps lock in moisture and prevent your hair from becoming dry and brittle. You can apply it before shampooing, or you can leave it in overnight for extra hydration.
Another good option for moisturizing dry hair is avocado. Avocado is full of healthy fats that help to nourish and condition your hair. You can make a mask by mashing up an avocado and applying it to your hair or adding it to your regular shampoo or conditioner.
If you want to avoid using products with harsh chemicals, there are plenty of natural options for moisturizing dry hair. Coconut oil and avocado are two of the best choices for keeping your hair healthy and hydrated.
Dry hair is a common problem that several different factors can cause. But don’t despair. You can do a few things to prevent dry hair and keep your locks looking healthy and hydrated. We hope you found our tips helpful and that you’ll give some of them a try the next time your hair starts to feel slightly thirsty.
I recommend using a natural oil such as coconut, olive, or avocado oil due to their ability to penetrate the hair shaft, moisturize without greasiness, and nourish your hair.
The first step to keeping your hair moisturized is having an effective deep conditioner. In order to have a moisturizing deep conditioner, it must do the following: add shine, provide weightless moisture, and protect from heat.
Hair hydration can be achieved by using a leave-in conditioner. Conditioner helps to saturate the hair and reduce frizziness. Hair that is well-conditioned will have strong and sleek strands, which are more likely to be hydrated and nourished.